- Are you open? Yes! We have a large, properly-spaced outdoor seating area.
- Are you still accepting members? Yes! Our members literally own this business and you are welcome to be one of them as long as you are 21+ years of age, not in law enforcement, and not involved in another business that serves or distributes alcohol (although other microbrewery owners are actually ok to become members due to the licenses being in the same “tier”).
- Is the mug club still available? Yes! But the mug club is currently limited to the glass logo mug only. Stop in to sign up or for more information.
- Are you still selling preferred shares? Although the offering is not closed, we are not currently selling them although we may again in the future. You never know what plans or dreams the Marquette Brewing Cooperative is cooking up. Stay tuned!
- Do you allow carry-in food? We encourage it!
- Are children welcome? Yes, we are a child-friendly business and we have a variety of non-alcoholic beverages for kids. We do expect all guests to observe the safety rules: wear a mask when inside or when away from your own table, observe 6 ft spacing, use sanitizer, etc.
- Can we sit inside? Current state law does not allow us to have inside seating. We will let you know when that changes.
- Are you open to the public? Of course! We are a public business, owned by our members but open to everyone!
Time to celebrate! Drífa Brewing has received our micro brewer and small wine maker licenses, in just under three months! We are brewing beer and preparing for an opening, which is anticipated for October 1st. Stay tuned for further info.
Preferred Shares are here. Come out on May 12th from 12-3 at the Lake Street location to purchase some and help fund YOUR BREWERY.
The Brewery Co-op is, as all co-ops are, 100% owned by its members. As an owner, your financial investment will help Marquette’s next microbrewery achieve its goal of pouring awesome craft beer by December, 2018, while earning interest in the process! By purchasing Preferred Shares, you are investing in your business, and later we pay you back with interest (please see our disclosure document for more information HERE).
The brewery is already on its way, but the time has come to fund it. Your money goes to support construction, equipment installation and all the rest that goes along with building the business. The only missing piece is YOU!
We have welcomed our first 100 members (and more) into the Marquette Brewing Cooperative family, and it’s time to push it to 200! Become an “Inner Circle” member and get in on the ground floor. Members number 101-200 will receive this stainless steel “Inner Circle” growler as our special appreciation gift for being willing to take the plunge. Click on JOIN US, to, well, join us!
We have a lease! The Coop Board of Directors approved and signed a lease for the 501 S. Lake Street building today, which means we can actually start working to build your brewery! Coming soon: our Preferred Membership offering (essentially preferred stock, but we are a coop, so it’s called memberships, not shares of stock) so we can raise the money to actually start working to build your brewery!
Your brewing cooperative is an exhibitor in the Marquette SmartPrize competition. We can win a substantial grant to help us build your brewery. There is a Crowd Favorite category that’s based on public votes. You can register to vote at the SmartPrize website from April 1 through April 8.
Thanks to everyone who came to the first membership meeting. About 1/3 of the membership were in attendance. It was great to meet you all. Some good questions were asked and answered, we shared some tasty beer, and we have three new board members to help guide us on our journey to producing great craft beer professionally for our community. The voting results are:
Paul Wright – 30 votes
Chris Holm – 29 votes
Jim Suksi – 29 votes
Welcome Paul, Chris, and Jim to the board, and thank you for serving!
Our First Annual Membership Meeting is on the Spring Solstice, Monday, March 20th at 6:30pm at the Masonic Building in the Ballroom.
Anyone who has purchased a membership prior to the meeting is invited. Meet the board, meet one another, get your questions answered, and voice your opinions. This is YOUR brewery!